Last week we asked the children why they thought their parents might have wanted them to come to Beech Lodge School.
These were their responses;
- It’s different, fun and there are more practical activities
- Its more adventurous
- Its educational but more practical learning
- The work is easier
- There is more time to think for the children
- The children and the staff are friendly
- There is work experience to do with an adult coming along with me to help if I need it
We asked the children what they thought about the school, these were there responses:
- I don’t feel under so much pressure
- The work is easier and there aren’t as many tests
- It is friendly and more relaxed
- It is close to my home. I had to go to a school before that was so far from my home that I had to stay there. I hated it.
- The teachers don’t rush you and you can take your time
- We go on good trips
- The teachers are nicer to you and don’t yell at you if you don’t know an answer
- If you’re scared or something they don’t say’ “Deal with it!”. They help you to know what to do about it.
- The teachers give you work that is hard but you can do it.
- I’ve got a lot more friends here.
- I like being with my friends here.
- I wake up and think,” What am I going to be doing at school today?”
- The teachers explain things clearly
- There are fun lessons so you’re not bored all the time
- You’re not stuck at a desk all day, you go outside to learn
- The teachers are fair
Sounds good to us!